Tuesday 21 May 2013

There Goes My Summer!

January 2013 to May 2013

Write
Promote
Write
Promote

(Break for the footie and tweet about the footie...)

Write
Promote
Write
Promote

(tear my hair out and wonder why I bother...)

Write
Promote
Write
Promote

(run round like a headless chicken trying to sort my Mum's affairs, shout at jobsworth customer service planks on the phone and write endless snot-o-grams to said customer service departments, wording them like I'm some kind of posh solicitor in the hope that something will get through to what they call brains...)

Well, now it's May. Until August the footie is over, so there's no excuse for me not to finish Goalden Sky (current word count 18532) in that time. Instead of keeping the faith with Liverpool FC it's time for me to keep the faith with my writing and finish the book before we kick off again. In fact, by the middle of July. Guess who's going on holiday then! Have I got time to enjoy myself? Hmm, dunno about that...

I have other work to be getting on with during the summer, too: put Epiworld and Big Brother onto Kindle, try to get all my books onto Kobo and Nook, and keep plugging away with my marketing. Nook e-readers are selling in the UK now; and I've just remembered, I have to learn Wordpress to get my site up and running, and flutter my eyelashes at my husband in the hope that he'll get his head out of a car engine and design the Goalden Sky cover.

And how about blogging a bit more!

Dang! There goes my summer!
.


No comments: