Friday 3 January 2014

New Website Nearly Finished!

traceymorait.co.uk

Oh, yeah, and Happy New Year and all that bunkum. Actually I don't like New Year. It's gonna be more of the same old for me what with my mum etc - and one of us in our family has a 'landmark' birthday this year, too, OMG, I can't believe it! - but hopefully it's a year of more writing and I hope everyone who reads this has a prosperous 2014 even if I might loathe it myself.

Bah humbug! ;)

All my books are on my new site now, with their reviews. I have a Feedjit traffic widget, Twitter widget and Facebook widget on, too, as well as a visitor count. At the time of checking I've had 221 visitors. The only problem is, because the pages are linked to one post, the visitor count is the same on all the pages! Also my Feedjit isn't ignoring my location. Taking the cookies off as per some instructions I found didn't help and now my location is being seen on Blogger, too! The next job is to get the links to the bookshops on as well as ebook links (not just Kindle, also Nook, but not Kobo) and to make sure my list of other indie authors is on, too. The next dilemma is, what to do about a regular blog posting? Stay with Blogger or somehow link Blogger to Wordpress so that my regular posts link to both sites? I suppose it can be done. I don't want to abandon Blogger altogether...

If I'd had any savvy in the beginning I could have used Blogger and not Wordpress with pages etc and linking to a domain, but I didn't have the knowledge then and everyone was yelling at me to use Wordpress instead. The short course I've been doing has taught me a lot about pages and I like the template I've chosen, it's simple and the menu is the right colour, ahem...

Meanwhile, back to Goalden Sky. Unfortunately the cover is still low on the list of priorities for my husband and he wants to learn how to use some other version of Photoshop before he gets cracking on it (of all the lame duck excuses!) but I am now nagging on a daily basis. The book is edited and being proof read. I have a dilemma with that, too. Go for ebook first then paperback or both at the same time? As you know I use Lulu for printing but wanted to ditch them for Createspace because they took fifteen weeks to get Big Brother onto the lists which is plain ridiculous, but Createspace's wider distribution only applies to the US not the UK and that's no good for me. Being British I want my books listed on sites like Waterstones and The Book Depository as well as Amazon! So annoyingly I'll have to slum it with Lulu for a while longer until all my 10 ISBNs have gone, then I might move to someone like Completely Novel. I like the look of them...

Hopefully the next blog update will be to report that my husband has actually made a start on the cover. So far all he's asked for is image ideas and I've sent him loads! Big joke. I can't even get him to sort out his mobile phone issue at the moment...!

No comments: